Head of the Cardiology Scientific School is Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Internal Medicine No. 2 and Nursing of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University - Nestor Seredyuk.
Cardiology Scientific School has been formed on the basis of such important scientific achievements as the organization of emergency care for myocardial infarction patients, use of systemic thrombolysis in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction, implementation of the means of metabolitotropic therapy for the provision of medical care to patients with STEMI/NSTEMI; development of measures to detect and treat arterial hypertension among the population of the region, participation in the organization of prehospital thrombolysis (fibrinolysis) and others.
Practical use of scientific results obtained over the past 5 years based on the activities of scientists at the School:
- Program of clinical and psychological rehabilitation of cardiac patients by optimizing the internal picture of health // Methodical recommendations // Vakalyuk I.P., Virstyuk N.G., Nesterak R.V., 2018.
- Cardiorehabilitation and revascularization of the myocardium // thesis for Graduation Scientific Degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences // Nesterak R.V., 2020; scientificconsultant prof. Sirenko Yu.M.
Thanks to Cardiology Scientific School`s work were implemented:
Treatment of acute myocardial infarction with the use of means of pharmacological post-conditioning/ Fedorchenko M.V., Seredyuk N.M., Petrovsky R.V. // Ivano-Frankivsk, OKCC, 2020.
Evaluation of indicators of lipid metabolism, uric acid level in patients with II degree essential hypertension with obesity and gout / Vaceba M.O., Seredyuk N.M. // Ivano-Frankivsk, OKCC, 2014. etc.
Founder and Head of the Dentistry Scientific School is Professor of the Department of Dentistry of Postgraduate Education Mykola Rozhko - Rector of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, laureate of the State Prize in the field of Science and Technology of Ukraine.
The scientific direction of the Dentistry Scientific School is orthopedic assistance to the population of Ukraine. Studying the features of dental diseases of the population of Prykarpattia and treatment of dental pathology of patients living in ecologically polluted areas of Prykarpattia. Complex morphofunctional research and justification of the use of modern technologies for the treatment and prevention of dental diseases.
Employees of the School participate in initiative-searching research works such as:
- "Optimization of treatment and prevention measures to reduce the level of dental morbidity of the rural population of Prykarpattia, which lives in anthropogenically burdened territories", 2017-2019, state registration number No 0117U000946.
- Clinical and experimental substantiation of new diagnostic methods, prevention and orthopedic treatment of dental diseases in population of Ivano-Frankivsk region, state registration number no 0118U003873.
- "Comprehensive study of morphological, functional and clinical features of tissues of the prosthetic bed and their significance in orthopedic treatment with removable structures of dental prostheses" 2019-2024, state registration number No 0119U003667.
Founder of the Endocrinology Scientific School is Volodymyr Botsyurko - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Endocrinology of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Head of the School is Nadiya Skrypnyk - Head of the Department of Endocrinology, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Honored Doctor of Ukraine.
Endocrinology Scientific School works on the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine pathology based on the study of priority etiopathogenetic factors and comorbid conditions: diabetes, metabolic syndrome, iodine deficiency, thyroid disease; epidemiology of endocrine diseases, in particular the study of the spectrum of oncological diseases in patients with diabetes, the degree of iodine deficiency, the peculiarities of macro- and micronutrient provision of the population of Prykarpattia.
Postgraduate training of endocrinologists and doctors of related specialties is conducted on the basis of the School.
Research works are carried out at the School:
- "Development of new approaches to complex treatment of hypothyroidism" (0113U005376), 2013–2018.
- "Scientific substantiation and improvement of diagnosis and treatment endocrinopathies based on the study of key etiopathogenetic factors and comorbid conditions" (0120U105103), 2020-2023
The School participates in grant international programs, international scientific projects, as well as school employees develop and obtain different patents for utility model.
Founder and Head of the Pediatric School is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Pediatrics Olha Tsimbalista.
Pediatrics School's activity consists of the development of the latest methods of diagnosis and treatment of diseases of internal organs in children, taking into account the recreational opportunities of Prykarpattia.
From 2012 to 2015, together with the Pediatric Departments of the Bogomolets National Medical University, it held a regional scientific and practical conferences "Actual problems of Pediatrics", dedicated to the memory of Academician Volosyanko R.P..
The most important scientific achievement of the School over the past 5 years is the work "Peculiarities of psychosomatic adaptation in children with chronic somatic pathology" scientific leader - Professor of the department of Pediatrics, Doctor of Medical Sciences Volosyanko A.B. The responsible executor is Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences Lytvynets L.Ya. Implementation period - 2012-2021 years.
The essence of the work is to study the state of adaptation systems and quality of life in children with chronic somatic pathology, namely: arterial hypertension, recurrent bronchitis, bronchial asthma, atopic dermatitis, secondary cardiomyopathies, chronic cholecystocholangitis, chronic gastroduodenitis, with intestinal pathology, pyelonephritis and gastroesophageal reflux disease, as well as methods of optimizing treatment schemes for the mentioned somatic pathology and simultaneous correction of the psycho-emotional sphere of this cohort of patients.
The purpose of the research is: increasing the effectiveness of providing medical care to children by studying the features and dynamics of psychosomatic adaptation in children of different age groups as mechanisms of adaptation against the background of somatic pathology and effective correction of the identified changes.
Founder of the Pharmaceutical School is a scientist-inventor, Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Pharmacy of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University Andriy Hrytsyk.
Andriy Hrytsyk is the Head of research work of the Department of Pharmacy of IFNMU "Research of cultivated and wild medicinal plants of the Western region of Ukraine and development of technologies for their medicinal use" (state registration number no 0118U003809).
Pharmaceutical School formed new scientific directions at IFNMU:
- Studying the chemical composition of some types of plants;
- • Development of a method of obtaining extracts from plant raw materials, herbal tinctures and phytocollections based on a complex of biologically active substances;
- • Determining the possibility of creating medicinal and medical-prophylactic products from plant raw materials;
- • Identifying the raw resources of wild plants of the western region of Ukraine and establishing the possibility of cultivating promising species;
- • Development of projects of analytical normative documentation for raw materials, obtained substances and medicinal products.
Based on research materials, scientific works are published in professional, international and indexed publications, materials are regularly presented by scientists at all-Ukrainian and international congresses and conferences
Founder of the Scientific School for the Study of Morphofunctional Transformations of Organs and Tissues is professor Yukhym Melman. Head of the School is Doctor of Medicine, Professor Oksana Popadynets - Head of the Department of Human Anatomy of the IFNMU.
The main directions of the School were the study of the features of hemomicrocirculation, neuropathies in the conditions of simulated pathologies.
In the educational and scientific laboratory of morphological analysis, histological and histochemical research, electron microscopic research, sampling of material with the production of frozen sections, simulation of experimental pathology are carried out.
Research works are carried out at the Scientific School for the Study of Morphofunctional Transformations of Organs and Tissues:
"Ontogenetic peculiarities of the morpho-functional state of organs and tissues in conditions of iodine deficiency, hypothyroidism" (supervisor - Doctor of Medicine, Prof. Popadinets O.H.)
The patented model in the research work of the development of iodine deficiency, when natural stromogens are added in addition to the basic diet, approaches real conditions, and taking into account the homology in the structure of the organs, there is a possibility of extrapolation of the obtained results to a person.
"Morpho-functional characteristics of some organs of the nervous, endocrine, digestive and reproductive systems in diabetes under conditions of chronic stress" (supervisor - Prof. Zhurakivska O.Ya.).
The essence is to study the features of the morpho-functional changes of the adenohypophysis, adrenal and thyroid glands, masticatory muscles, small intestine, ovaries, testicles, in type 1 diabetes under conditions of chronic stress, which will allow us to reveal the algorithms of the mechanisms of cellular damage to these organs and develop the concept of pathomorphogenesis of diabetic neuroendocrinopathies, myopathies, ovario- and testiculopathies.
Head of the Scientific School of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is Professor Oksana Makarchuk, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University. For a significant personal contribution to the successful implementation of the Ukrainian-Swiss program "Mother and Child Health" in Ivano-Frankivsk oblast in 2015 was awarded with thanks from the Head of the Swiss program of Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute.
The most important scientific achievement during the existence of the school was the performance of research work:
"Clinical and medical-social substantiation of effective methods preserving and restoring a woman's reproductive health in obstetric and gynecological pathology" UDC 616-056.2+618.1+618.2, state registration number 0114U005593. Implementation dates 2014-2019.
Employees of the School are researchers of International randomized trials on the study of medicinal products:
“Multicenter, double-blind, double-dummy, randomized study of contraceptive efficacy, tolerability and safety of the drug LPRI-424 (dienogest 2 mg / ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg) when using during nine cycles compared to the combination of drospirenone 3 mg/ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg,” coded protocol number LPRI-424/302. Term implementation: 2020-2021. Chief researcher: O.M. Makarchuk; Co-researchers: V.O. Lyubinets, I.M. Kupchak, A.R. Cheredarchuk.
"A single-center open comparative study for the purpose of evaluation effectiveness of the combination of oral metronidazole and vaginal ring, which releases lactic acid, in different modes of application compared to treatment with metronidazole to prevent recurrence of bacterial vaginosis in women with a history of recurrent bacterial vaginosis". Coded number protocol: UG-1801. Implementation period: 2019-2020. Chief researcher: O.M.Makarchuk; Co-researchers: V.O. Lyubinets, I.M. Kupchak, A.R. Cheredarchuk. etc.
Since 2003, at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Postgraduate Education of IFNMU, internship cycles have been held for surgical doctors in the specialty "Obstetrics and Gynecology" to raise the level of the professional category of trainee doctors, cycles of thematic improvement of doctors have been held on the topic "Reproductive health of the population and family planning ", "Operative gynecology", "Current issues of pediatric and adolescent gynecology", "Current issues of obstetrics and gynecology", "Operative obstetrics", "Emergencies in obstetrics using the capabilities of the center simulation training", "Abnormal uterine bleeding in women of different age groups", "Methods of diagnosis and treatment of background processes of the cervix", "Extragenital pathology and pregnancy", "Gynecological endocrinology", "Basics of hysteroscopy" for surgical doctors, remote cycle " Antenatal care of pregnancy" for general practitioners of Family Medicine.
Scientific School of Social Medicine and Public Health works in the direction of studying the peculiarities of the formation of population health of residents of Ivano-Frankivsk region and Ukraine under the influence of socio-economic, socio-psychological, ecological, biological and medical-organizational factors.
The task is to improve the existing systems of public health, health care and medical assistance to the population.
Founder of the School is Nataliia Koltsova – Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Social Medicine and Public Health of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University. Scientific supervisor is Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences Oryna Detsyk –author of more than 300 scientific and educational and pedagogical works, awarded with an Honorary Certificate of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for an outstanding personality contribution to the development of health care and high professionalism (2008) etc.
Participation of employees of the Scientific School of Social Medicine and Public Health in initiative-research works:
- "Justification of directions for improving health and quality of medical care of the population of Prykarpattia in the conditions of reforming the health care system" (term performed in 2012-2016, state registration number No 0112U001535);
- "Justification of strategies and technologies for health improvement and provision
needs of the population for qualitative medical care" (terms of implementation 2017-2021, state registration No. 0117U001669).
Surgery Scientific School’s research is aimed at developing effective methods of diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic pancreatitis, acute disseminated peritonitis, diseases of liver and extrahepatic biliary tract, purulent diseases of the lungs and pleura, acute mediastinitis, acute pericarditis, acute inflammatory processes of the pararectal tissue and pelvic floor. An important direction of scientific research is the implementation of minimally invasive surgical methods for the treatment of diseases of the chest and abdominal cavity, the establishment of new links of pathogenesis and the development of effective methods of treatment of surgical infection, the prevention and treatment of multiple organ failure in patients with surgical sepsis, the use of new methods of extracorporeal detoxification.
Founder of the School is Mykhailo Shevchuk - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Surgery of Postgraduate Education of IFNMU.
Head of the School, Ihor Shevchuk - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Surgery No. 2 and Cardiac Surgery of IFNMU.
Important scientific achievements of the Surgery Scientific School.
Participation in initiative-research works:
- Clinical‒functional characteristics of the state of liver after surgical correction of bile duct blockages and acute pancreatitis" (state registration number 10104008341, 2009‒2014).
- Development and implementation of new technologies for surgical treatment of patients with acute surgical pathology of abdominal organs and their complications" (state registration number No. 0115U007034, 2014‒2019).
- Increasing the effectiveness of treatment of respiratory diseases under the influence of exo- and endogenous factors based on the study of their pathogenetic links of development, progression and justification of pharmacological correction (state registration number No.0116U006777, 2016‒2021).
The scientific direction of the Therapy School consists of the development of the latest methods of diagnosis and treatment of diseases of internal organs, taking into account the recreational opportunities of Prykarpattia.
Founder and Head of the School is Yatsyshyn Roman is the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Professor of the Department of Internal Medicine No. 1, Clinical Immunology and Allergology named after Academician E.M. Neiko, Honored Doctor of Ukraine.
The Therapy School participates in research works carried out on a government order:
- "Comprehensive assessment of the genetic consequences of mutagenic environmental pollution and methods of their prevention", 2004-2008.
(state registration number No. 0104U002434)
- "The gene pool of the population of Prykarpattia: the influence of ecological-geographic, socio-economic factors on its structure and the formation of people's health", 2009-2011. (state registration number No. 0108U008811)
Also, the achievements of the School are participation in initiative research works:
- "Standards of treatment of coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension and heart failure: effectiveness, improvement, long-term results" (state registration number No. 0104U000398)
- "Optimization of the treatment of arterial hypertension by means of two-three component use of first-line antihypertensive agents and statins in patients with arterial hypertension of various genesis" (state registration number No. 0107U002614)
- "Clinical and immunological aspects of main diseases internal bodies and their correction" (state registration No. 0114U002040)
- "Development of restorative treatment and rehabilitation methods for patients with high cardiovascular risk" (state registration number No. 0112U003690)
- "Course and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract under the influence of modifying factors and combined pathology" (state registration number No. 0108U003987) etc.